Thursday, June 26, 2008

Graduation stories

Today when I got to work, I expected it to be any other day full of fun-filled intern activities. However, I got there and Heidi (my supervisor) told me I was getting to go to a graduation ceremony for 5 Mercy girls graduating from the program. YESSSSSSSSS. I was so excited!

Graduation was amazing to say the least. We started out with praise & worship. Of course, I started tearing up immediately. When we got to the song, Amazing Grace (new version) with the words, "My chains are gone, I've been set free, My God, My Savior has ransomed me & like a flood His mercy reigns, unending love, amazing grace...", the girls just went crazy praising God and worshipping Him. Same thing with "Shackes." It was a beautiful thing.

Then, the girls told their heartwrenching testimonies of how life was before Mercy. Sometimes, it amazes me the roads some people have to walk. I definitely can't say who the girls were or what their testimonies are, but their stories will be available to read on the website by next week at the latest. Visit www.mercyministries.org and read those soon!

I cried the entire time. It was just so awesome to see how their lives had transformed from brokenness, hurt and pain to overwhelming joy, love and mercy-filled lives. I felt so assured that I was an intern at the right place and so blessed by God to be a part of such an amazing day. God bless those girls!

LOVE!
Kristen

No comments: